Name: Alexander Kubrack
Date of birth: Dec 27, 1976.
Marital status: Married, three children, 2000, 2006 and 2020 years of birth.
Region/City: Poltava, Ukraine.
Development experience since 1999.
Network Administrator experience since 2001.
Looking for an interesting (preferably remote) job as Perl, Erlang or Python developer.
- Experience of working in a team as well on projects with CI. Understanding of significance of code readability, code review, code style, unit and integration testing, time management for a project. Ability to make ETA for tasks.
- Ability to find a compromise between business requirements and code quality which enough to avoid tech debt growing.
- Experience of managing a small but heterogeneous team.
- Experience of building and maintaining a high-loaded web cluster.
- Experience of creating of full featured small ISP level billing system. Participation in developing of industrial-leader-level universal billing system.
- Good math background. Strong understanding of all levels of TCP/IP stack and Unix-like OS architecture. Experience of investigation and fix issues in low levels of "leaky abstractions".
- Master of Science, Computers and Networks (Chernihiv Technological Institute, Department of Information and Computer Systems, 1999).
Business and Employment Experience, tasks performed, environment
- Mar 2019 - till now. EPAM Systems, Senior Software Engineer.
- Participation in migration big legacy project from Solaris to modern env (Perl, Shell, C, git).
- Sep-2018 - Dec-2018 - Adavice, Development Director.
- Developing and maintenence various API to external gates (Perl, git);
- Performance optimization tasks (Perl, sh CLI tools, tcpdump, netcat).
- Sep 2012 - Apr 2018. PortaOne, Perl Developer.
- Working on core of billing system (Mainly: RADIUS, Diameter, SIP, Perl, git, MySQL, Oracle. Sometimes: Erlang, C, Python).
- May 2005 - Aug 2012. ISP TIM, CTO.
- Participation in making decision about general growth direction;
- Making decision about network topology and technologies;
- Development, administration and support teams management;
- Resolving complex technical tasks.
- Feb 2003 - Mar 2005. Network Administrator of ISP TIM, Ukraine.
- Upstreams (BGP) and RIPE interoperation;
- Neavy-loaded network equipment configuration (Cisco IOS, FreeBSD - TCP/IP stack, pptp, pppoe, netgraph, ipfw);
- Development (Billing system - Perl, Postgresql, RADIUS; API to net equipment - SNMP; network daemons - C, Perl; hardware drivers - C).
- May 2001 - Jan 2003. System Administrator of JSC Ukrnafta, Ukraine.
- IT infrastructure maintenance. (Interbase, Firebird, Perl, TCP/IP, Linux, Samba, various versions of MS Windows)
- Jul 1999 - Apr 2001. Programmer of JSC Ukrnafta, Ukraine.
- Developing and maintenance applications for data access/processing (Interbase, Postgresql, Borland Delphi, Perl, CGI)
Programming and related skills
- DBMS: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle experience. Good SQL knowledge. NoSQL - Redis.
- System and network administration: FreeBSD, Cisco, Linux.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack, RADIUS, Diameter.
- Software Development Methodologies: TDD, SCRUM.
- VCS: git, cvs, rcs, hg.
- ARM Cortex-M3 and -M0 (STM32), ATmega, ESP, RISC-V MCUs.
- Clojure, clojurescript/reagent.
- English - B1.
- Ukrainian - native speaker.
- Russian - native speaker.